October 19, 2022
To All Patients:You may not be eligible for Medicare, but you probably know someone who is. Please pass this helpful message on to anyone you know who is eligible for Medicare!
It is that time again…… Don’t be caught off guard….the Medicare Open Enrollment 2022 session begins October 15 and runs through December 7, 2022! This is the only period during which beneficiaries (you the patient) may change Medicare Advantage plans or opt in or out of original (government) Medicare for 2023.There have been some concerning reports in the media regarding the marketing of Medicare Advantage plans and how this may affect you:
|“The federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services toughened its oversight [of the marketing of Medicare Advantage plans] after consumer marketing complaints surged 165% last year to 41,136 compared with 2020. Brokerages, agents and other marketing businesses tried to convince Medicare recipients to switch plans, with promises of perks in their new plans such as home-delivered meals, rides to doctors’ appointments and cash. In some cases, beneficiaries would effectively pay for the perks with more-limited provider networks, forcing them to find new doctors, regulators say.” — Wall Street Journal, August 31, 2022|
When selecting your health plan remember the following:
- Not all physicians participate in EVERY health plan Network
- Some physicians chose not to participate with insurance
- Some Insurance plans limit what physicians can be part of their Network
If your physician(s) is not or will not be in the network next year, consider your options:
- Consider changing to a health plan that includes your physician
- Choose a health plan which offers out of network benefits. The out-of-pocket cost may be more, however you will have the flexibility to see any doctor you choose.
- Choose new doctors who are included in the health plan’s Network
For more information about the Medicare plans or to compare plans, Call 1-800-MEDICARE or Check out the Medicare Website
Thank you for trusting our Team with your family’s eye care needs.
Lawrence V. Najarian, M.D.
Founder, Bedminster Eye & Laser Center