“We’re all in this together and we can only stop it together. This is the time for facts, not fear. This is the time for science, not rumors. This is the time for solidarity, not stigma. Now everyone, everywhere must use this short window of opportunity to intensify and maximize all efforts to contain this virus, prepare our health systems and communities for the inevitable impact. Decisions made today will be crucial. We can still change the course of this pandemic and save lives. But it needs all of us.” – WHO (World Health Organization).
Bedminster Eye & Laser offers our sympathies for those we have lost and those whose health has been affected by COVID-19. We are asking all patients with uncontrolled diabetes, COPD, chronic heart failure, and the immuno- compromised to cancel their appointments and stay home. We are also encouraging this vulnerable population to develop a buddy system to check on them daily. All patients with routine care needs are urged to delay their appointments for the next 4-6 weeks.
Public health agencies are urging “social distancing” – staying away from crowds and other persons’ personal space.
To achieve this goal our schedules are being adjusted to minimize your contact with other patients while continuing to meet your needs. We are spreading out appointments among our three physicians, so please consider accepting an alternative appointment if offered. This schedule change also allows more time to clean the exam rooms and office between patient visits. You may also be asked to wait in your car, weather permitting, and our staff will call your cell when they are ready for you. All communal reading material, i.e. magazines, have been removed so please bring your own reading material.
For those of you that want to keep your appointments you can expect the following:
- We are requesting that patients complete their paperwork prior to their appointment.
1. Go to www.bedminstereye.net – Patient Resources – Patient Forms
2. You can email completed forms to [email protected]
3. Fax to 908-781-7505 [Bedminster] or 201-833-8384 [Teaneck]
4. Or bring them with you
- You can expect a call and/or email from our office to confirm that you have not traveled out of the country in the last two weeks and are NOT experiencing any symptoms such as a fever, muscle aches, cough or wheezing.
- We will be instituting temperature checks upon arrival for appointments
- You will be asked to wash your hands and use best personal hygiene.
For those of you with chronic needs who cannot come to the office:
- We will be providing 3-month refills of drug prescriptions for patients
- We will be providing 3-month refills of contact lens prescriptions for patients
Additional questions? Please e mail us at [email protected]
Thank you for understanding as we work through this challenge together.
Of note to the community: NYU Langone Health and SiriusXM have created a 24/7 coronavirus information hotline that will provide callers with answers to questions about the COVID-19 threat. The channel is available on the radio, on the SiriusXM app, and on SiriusXM. Callers may dial 877-40COVID for the hotline.